Columbia, S.C. (Dec. 7, 2023) – Palmetto Care Connections (PCC), a leading organization dedicated to advancing rural healthcare initiatives, proudly hosted its 11th Annual Telehealth Summit on Dec. 4-6, 2023. The event brought together healthcare professionals, state legislators, technology experts, and more to explore innovations and advancements in telehealth around a two-day summit in Greenville, S.C.
“The 11th Annual Telehealth Summit is a testament to the incredible progress we’ve made in harnessing the power of technology to improve healthcare accessibility. In a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, this summit provides a crucial forum for stakeholders to come together, share ideas, and explore innovative solutions that will ultimately benefit our communities,” said PCC Chief Executive Officer, Kathy Schwarting.
The summit’s agenda includes topics reflecting the multifaceted impact of telehealth in today’s healthcare environment. These topics include policy updates, telehealth within schools, insights from a legislative panel, and more. Attendees had the opportunity to network with peers, engage in meaningful discussions, and gain valuable insights into the transformative potential of telehealth.
In a commitment to highlight the change agents in telehealth and rural health care access in the Palmetto State, the following individuals and organizations were honored as winners at the Telehealth Awards Ceremony, where state Senate President Thomas Alexander served as master of ceremonies:
- 2023 State Telehealth Legislative Champion: The Honorable Bill Herbkersman, South Carolina House of Representatives
- 2023 Telehealth State Champion Award: Dr. Kathyrn King, Medical University of South Carolina
- 2023 Telehealth Pioneer Award: Dr. Divya Ahuja, Prisma Health
- 2023 Program of Excellence: S.C. Department of Mental Health Community Telepsychiatry Program
- 2023 Telehealth Innovator: Dr. Marc Bingham, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
- 2023 Digital Health Equity Champion: Kathy Schwarting, Palmetto Care Connections
- 2023 Dr. Rick Foster Primary Care Telehealth Champion: Posthumously Awarded to Dr. Rick Foster
“This summit is not just an event; it’s a catalyst for change, a platform where ideas converge toward a more accessible, patient-centric, and technologically advanced healthcare field,” said Schwarting.
Palmetto Care Connections is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing telehealth and improving healthcare access in South Carolina. Through innovative solutions and collaborative initiatives, PCC works to bridge gaps in healthcare delivery and promote the well-being of individuals and communities.
Click here to view pictures from the 11th Annual Telehealth Summit of South Carolina.